Dedicated to Gourd Crafters, Artists and Gourd Art Fans
Attention gourd-heads, newbie’s, masters and everyone in between. We’ve added a monthly feature to GAE.
Come join in the fun. The theme provides the inspiration – you provide the
vision. What a great way to keep all of us motivated and this wonderful site
How to participate?
1. Create a gourd using your style and favorite mediums to fit the theme.
2. Choose ONE photo please, unless the design absolutely dictates two. One composite photo is also acceptable.
3. This can be a new work or one that has NOT already been posted on GAE.
4. Send in JPG format to- Challenge coordinator, Kim Bilek, at firstname.lastname@example.org (copy & paste). Please place "GAE PHOTO" in the email subject area.
5. Include your NAME, along with a title and/or brief description of your work (if you’d like this included with your listing).
This is not a contest, no prizes or awards just ooo's and ahh's and "how did they do that's?!?" from your fellow gourd-heads.
The August theme is-“Let’s Meet at the Beach!”
Your challenge this month, is to create a gourd that represents something you might find or think of in relation to the beach. Choose whatever medium(s) you like. This should be an easy one for those of you who like to embellish your gourds with found objects.
Please send your photo anytime before AUGUST 28th.
A BIG THANKS and ringing of the gourd, to all who participated in the past month’s challenge, be sure and check out those entries under “Albums” on the GAE Challenge Page.
We look forward to what you create, applause and admiration await!
Kim Bilek /Sandy Taylor