Gourd Art Enthusiasts

Dedicated to Gourd Crafters, Artists and Gourd Art Fans

Well the North Carolina Show was a great success.  We were in the smaller venue at the State Fairgrounds and I think it was a very wise decision because it was "size appropriate" (in other words we were not a small fish lost in a big pond).  I have not got the financial statement from our treasurer but we believe that we finally have some breathing room in our bank account.

There were some fabulous entries as there always are. Several new gourd artist entered their pieces and I was very impressed with their skill and creativity.

Kate Mahoney did a fabulous job of chairing the festival. At our meeting on Saturday night we discussed many idea to improve the festival. Of course it is always smart to do plenty of advertising and publicity and this is an area that needs to expand for next year. 

Speaking of next year, we have already come up with our festival theme "Fall Into Gourds".  Gourds lend themselves well to the autumnal colors and seasonal motif.  So many of us love Halloween these days that this theme will be a huge platform for our creations. Also next year will be the 70th annual gourd festival!! 

It was wonderful to see many of you come by my booth to say hello and many nice things about this years show.  Thank you for your comments and attending.

Catherine (missed you at the show but it was nice to see you in Cherokee). 

I hope you are all having a creative gourdin' year,
Shelly Nowik
NCGS, President

Views: 86

Replies to This Discussion

This was my first show and I loved it. I learned alot about gourds and supplies and saw lots of great gourd art.
Thank you for putting this all together see you next year
We were sorry to miss this year, but even the best laid plans can go awry. Glad to hear things went well. We will be going to the Michigan show this weekend, so we'll see a few friends there.

RSS

© 2017   Created by Bonnie Gibson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service